Saturday, August 21, 2010

a couple video's

the top bar is recycled oak from a tree that was falling over in our yard, and the bottom is a spare slice of padauk. the oak will be the wood I use for the frame. I like the contrast between these two woods.

these are just a couple short videos I made because I got very bored tuning:


a few thoughts:
  • sanding was fun, but got very tedious.
  • I really enjoyed working with grandpa. 
  • dad's jointer it horribly bad at staying square.
  • i think when this is over I will never get all the red dust out of my ears.
  • padouk smells strangely good.
  • oak + padouk = stunning marimba.
  • video's take a LOOOOOOOOONG time to upload.
  • mallets are easy and fun to make, provided you don't accidentally snap the needle.
it is a good idea to make 4 of each type of mallet, two for each hand.
I will shrink the video, and try to upload it tmrw.

No comments:

Post a Comment